Michael Stewart has served as the Managing Director of American Portfolios Financial Services in Houston (APFS Houston) since 2003. With over 40 years of experience, Michael is a seasoned financial advisor who has worked extensively with individuals and businesses throughout his career.
Upon receiving his BBA in management from the University of Texas, Mike began his career as an Account Executive with Merrill Lynch in Austin and trained at Merrill Lynch's training program in New York City.
Noteworthy as well was Mike's tenure with Paine Webber, where he was Branch Manager of the 17-broker branch office in Austin, Texas and graduated from the Paine Webber Management Development Program.
Mike enjoys a healthy diet, and staying in shape, His hobbies are working out, tennis, yoga and singing.
Education and Licensing:
- Bachelor of Business Administration,
University of Texas
- Series 8: General Securities Sales Supervisor Examination
(Options Module & General Module)
General Industry/Product Exams:
- PC: AMEX Put and Call Exam
- Series 3: National Commodity Futures Examination
- Series 5: Interest Rate Options Examination
- Series 7: General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 15: Foreign Currency Options Examination
State Securities Law Exams:
- Series 63: Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Series 65: Uniform Investment Advisor Law Examination
- Texas General Lines Life & Variable